- December 31, 2019
Shannon Gray, marijuana communications specialist, MED
303-866-4815 | 720-607-0386 (c) | email@example.com
Help NFN Grow
Rules promulgated from the 2019 legislative session are the most extensive since retail marijuana was legalized in 2012.
Marijuana rules stemming from the General Assembly’s 2019 legislative session go into effect on January 1, 2020, for all regulated marijuana businesses across Colorado, most notably allowing, for the first time, state licensing of hospitality establishments and the issuance of permits for residential delivery of medical marijuana. Final rules were adopted by the State Licensing Authority on November 5, 2019, after a summer of extensive stakeholder engagement led by the Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED).
“Feedback from our stakeholders through workgroups and public comment has always been a MED priority,” said Jim Burack, MED Director. “But this year, we encouraged an even more collaborative approach to rule development where workgroup participants utilized their experience and expertise within stakeholder teams to engage more directly in the drafting of rule language.”
Highlights of notable key rules that go into effect on January 1 include:
- Marijuana Hospitality Businesses (HB19-1230):
- Creation of two marijuana hospitality business licenses, subject to local jurisdiction approval, including 1) “Marijuana Hospitality Business” license (may be mobile), allowing consumption of marijuana on the licensed premises, and 2) “Retail Marijuana Hospitality and Sales Business” license (cannot be mobile) allowing for the sale and consumption of retail marijuana on the licensed premises.
- MED will maintain a list of approved hospitality businesses on the Division’s website.
- Regulated Marijuana Delivery (HB19-1234):
- Creation of a permit to allow delivery of regulated marijuana to private residences from medical marijuana stores, subject to local jurisdiction approval.
- Delivery to private residences from retail marijuana stores begins on January 1, 2021, also subject to local jurisdiction approval.
- Sunset Regulated Marijuana (SB19-224):
- The Retail Code and Medical Code are integrated to create a single code, which will streamline operations for both regulators and businesses.
To view the Colorado Marijuana Rules, 1 CCR 212-3, in its entirety, please visit https://www.colorado.gov/
Northern Colorado LiveMarket
Located at: Seattle
Sed bibendum massa id luctus cras et lorem feugiat.